In Turn Customer Feedback Emails Into Sales [Part 1] we got chatting about something a little different to the usual, instead of talking about the emails you send to your subscribers, we started talking about the emails that they send to you.
We quickly realised that we have a ton more to say on the topic and some super practical tips for converting email replies into sales, so we decided to record part 2 – you're welcome!
When you send out a broadcast email, or even when a campaign is triggered, and a subscriber replies to your email it can quickly turn into an awkward conversation if you're not sure how you should handle it.
It's always nice to build a relationship and deeper connection with your list, I mean we all like making new friends, but what if you could actually turn those conversations into sales?
- (3:24) The reasons why your subscribers and customers might reply to your emails.
- (5:47) Figuring out why your subscribers might be engaging in conversation.
- (6:39) The best way to deal with a reply that looks more like a support query.
- (7:41) What to do when someone replies asking for help or for more information.
- (8:19) How to look for buying signals in the email reply so that you can move towards a sale.
- (9:20) What to do if there are no buying signals and how to keep the conversation flowing.
- (10:16) How to sign-post subscribers to the perfect product for them.
- (11:40) Encouraging replies as a call to action in your emails.
- (14:20) How to turn an email complaint into a sales opportunity, in a nice way.
- (16:19) Handling positive feedback and how to turn that into a social proof opportunity – yay!
- (18:31) Listeners question submitted by Paul Healey.
- (22:00) The subject line of the week from Pete Vargas.
Every time someone replies to one of your emails it's an opportunity to educate and promote, moving someone further along in their journey to purchasing the perfect product for them, faster!
Turn Customer Feedback Emails Into Sales [Part 1] – Podcast Episode
6 Techniques To Segment Your Email Subscribers – Podcast Episode
Writing The Perfect Welcome Email With Gavin Bell – Podcast Episode
Check out our Youtube channel for a behind-the-scenes look at The Email Marketing Show
Follow us on Instagram for daily email marketing advice and ninja tips
Connect with us on Twitter for podcast updates and email marketing content