What are customer archetypes and how can we use them to deeply connect and motivate our email subscribers?
I wonder if you might be wearing the wrong hat in your campaigns?
Most emails you’ll receive are from people playing a certain archetype (you’ll know the one we mean in a few minutes), but we want to discuss why this isn’t always the best approach.
In fact, you could actually be pissing a lot of people off….which we’re guessing probably isn’t what you’re aiming to do?
In this episode, we’re super excited to be joined by the Nate Wright of Inbox Attack.
Having written more than 10k campaigns as well as being the highest rated company for email marketing on the whole of Upwork, Nate knows a thing or two about email marketing and the different kinds of archetypes you could be adopting to ensure your campaigns hit all of the right spots.
Cue many awesome movie references that are going to have you feeling all nostalgic….
- (02:26) We put Kennedy’s mind reading skills to the test again with two lies and a truth. He's definitely got to be due to get one wrong soon.....hasn't he?
- (04:30) Many email marketers tend to stick to a certain archetype, but it doesn’t always mean it’s the best one. Nate knows this it's why he’s had so much success. Let’s dig deeper...
- (06:31) The main archetype email marketers use can actually really rub people up the wrong way. Could you be guilty of this?
- (08:18) What happened when we tested the same campaign under two different angles?
- (9:07) How do you know where your audience are at in their journey?
- (12:00) The alternative to the usual archetype.
- (15:05) See how a certain scene in the movie ‘Never Ending Story’ relates to this next super interesting archetype.
- (17:02) Should you pick one archetype and stick to it across all of your campaigns?
- (18:43) Are you amazing at everything? We call Bulls***!
- (21:41) Blending of the archetypes…so how does that work?
- (24:10) It’s subject line of the week time - Everyone hates a namedropper….or do they?
Connect with us on Twitter for podcast updates and email marketing content
Subscribe and Review The Email Marketing Show Podcast
Thanks so much for tuning into the podcast, if you enjoyed it we'd really appreciate you Subscribing to and leaving us a Review of the show on your favourite podcast player.
Not only does it let us know you're out there, listening, but your feedback helps us to keep creating the most useful episodes - not to mention to helps us get discovered by more people.